LOCAL SAFETY AUDITS
A Local Security Audit seeks to increase governability and governance on security and coexistence through the analysis of quantitative and qualitative information to develop prevention and security policies that respond to the identified problems and their causes at the local level.
What is local safety audit?
It is a methodological tool for acquiring the necessary knowledge in a given context to develop a comprehensive and exhaustive overview of current problems related to crime and insecurity in the municipality, locality or community. A Local Safety Audit is part of the process established by the United Nations Handbook on the crime prevention guidelines. Making them work
- Evidence-based decision making
- Understanding of social problems at their maximum level of disaggregation
- Community and prevention-oriented policies
- Focused intervention strategies for prevention
- Targeted intervention strategies to dismantle criminal groups and illicit markets
- Strengthening the Culture of Legality
- Impact assessment
- Reduce violence and crime
- Monitoring and long-term vision
Monitoring and Evaluation Report. Local Safety Audit in the Municipality of Queretaro
Report of the Local Safety Audit in the Municipality of Queretaro
Report of the Urban Safety Governance Assessment in Iztapalapa, Mexico